Welcome to the Last and Final Day of Apple Week!
Today is about a tasty party FAVOR that your guests will just LOVE!
This recipe has a two step process; one is to make the pie crust dough, and the other is to make the actual "pie" pop.
Step one: Pie Crust Dough
1/2 Cup Butter
1 1/3 Cup Flour
3 - 4 Tablespoons Ice Cold Water
Mix butter and flour while adding a teaspoon of water at a time.
Continue mixing until the dough cleans off the side of the bowl.
Step two: Apple Pie Pops
Pie Crust Dough
4 - 5 Apples Finely Chopped
Dash of Cinnamon
Dash of Sugar
Baking "Pop" Sticks
1. Roll out a handful of pie crust dough on a floured surface.
2. Use a 3 inch cookie cutter (round of scalloped) to cut out a side of the pie pop. Then place on a cookie sheet.
4. Put about a tablespoon of the apple mixture in the middle of the pie crust.
5. Take a pop stick and place it in the pop starting in the middle of the apple mixture.
6. Place another pie crust on top of the apple mixture and pop stick. Then use a fork to firmly press crusts together. Do this all the way around the pop!
7. Bake in the oven for approximately thirty minutes. (I usually start out for ten minutes and rotate the cookie sheet as necessary!) Once the pops are done, they will be a golden color. Place them on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
Turning these pops into a favor is easy!
You can use numerous different types of packaging to give these "suckers" away, such as: vases, gift boxes, or even Starbucks Frappucino bottles turned milk bottle (find that easy how to here!)
If you need to fill the bottom of a vase or bottle, use brown sugar, or some candy (Reese's Pieces would look awesome!)
Have you ever made pie pops before? How about as a party favor (I really like edible favors!)