I love the Holidays, but I really enjoy the time after Christmas and New Years. That time of year when you have a few minutes to take a breath and enjoy life without the pressures that come with the Holidays. The Christmas tree is down and decorations are stored until next year, and you are able to start fresh!
However, there is a little magic that comes with holiday decorations, I always feel like my house seems cozier during the Holidays. I want to keep that feeling throughout the entire Winter season so I am going to share a few tips on how I keep my house cozy and warm!
1. Add Pillows - Adding a pillow or two to your favorite chair or couch is a great way to add a little softness to a space, and are really comfortable! Added bonus: You are prepared for any impromptu pillow fights!
2. Grab a Blanket - Using a blanket during the cold months isn't just great for your heating bill, they create a soft, cozy and inviting space. Also, fort making is allowed!
3. Use low lights - Don't turn on the overhead lights, choose the side lamps, candles (real or faux), or string lights instead. Soft lighting creates that cozy homey mood that you're looking for!
4. Make a Hot Beverage - Warm drinks like coffee, tea, and hot cocoa are always my go to beverages when it's cold outside and I want to snuggle up with a good book or movie!
5. Scented Candles or Melted Wax - Plug in your Scentsy or light some scented candles. I love that I can make my house smell like vanilla or sugar cookies without having to bake!
There you have it - 5 simple tips to create a cozy home! How do you keep your home feeling cozy and warm in the short cold winter months?